ON CAMPUS STUDENT PARKING
IUSD requires students applying for a parking permit to attend the "Smart Start" driving presentation hosted by the Irvine PD. There will be many dates and locations to choose from in order to fulfill this requirement (Dates TBD). Parking Applications will be done online. Accurately complete the form found here. You will need to upload PDF’s and/or JPEG file of your Driver’s License and car registration. Print the e-mail confirmation sent to you. Bring it to the security staff at UHS (300 building during registration). Security will determine eligibility and if eligible, apply the parking permit to your car.
OFF CAMPUS STUDENT PARKING
(For students who do not qualify for a parking permit)
Students without a University High School parking permit cannot park on campus. These students may park on Rockview Drive, north of Hillgate. This is the ONLY location where students can park off campus without violating city ordinances and risk being towed.
To arrive at this location from Campus Drive, turn onto Cobblestone Way (located between Turtle Rock Drive and University High School), then right on Rockview Drive. Follow Rockview Drive until you pass Hillgate. There is parking on the left side of Rockview Drive.
IF AN ACCIDENT OCCURS:
- Stay calm!
- Make sure the area/scene is safe.
- Make sure everyone involved is safe; check for injuries (call 911 or Irvine PD if needed)
- Exchange information (insurance; phone numbers; drivers license; if camera is available, take photos of vehicles involved). Make sure the area is safe BEFORE doing this.
*The district and campus security ARE NOT LIABLE for vehicle accidents.
If witnesses are available, get ALL information from them (name, phone number, a statement of what was seen).
WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE THE VICTIM OF A HIT AND RUN
- Notify campus security IMMEDIATELY.
- Take a photo of the accident scene (take photos of the damage).
IF YOU ARE A WITNESS OF A HIT & RUN
- Get the best description of the vehicle (color, make, model, license plate number) and driver (male or female).
- Notify campus security or Irvine Police Department immediately. (DO NOT TRY TO TAKE MATTERS INTO YOUR OWN HANDS)
- Write a statement of what occured.